Updated to the newest 1Password beta and tried it for 10 minutes, here is a few thoughts on Safari Extension:
- It is cool when it is working
- Very convenient
- Right now, it will stops working randomly; when it stops working, auto fill and auto submit does not work
- Actually auto submit does not work even if auto fill is working
- The UI of the Plug-In is rather simple, just a pop out with two lines of word, could be better
- I am using a iPhone 5 and iPad 4, therefore I could not enjoy the convenience of touch ID; but have to enter Main Password every single time while using Safari Plug-In is a bit annoying. Probably is time to change to a device with touch ID
- It is not possible to modify the extension in setting
Over all, I am excited about the potential of 1Password on iOS 8, but I think this beta is a bit more like a prototype and could be improved a lot in the future.
I hasn't play with the code of the Plug-In yet, some Cons that I mentioned above could just be the limitation of iOS 8, please tell me if I am actually using the limitation of the system to attack this beta.