1000's 1Password Logins

Options
mitchbvi
mitchbvi
Community Member

Trying to clean up my bookmarks in Safari (V7.04) running on a MacBookAir (OSX 10.9.3) and discovered I had literally thousands of what look like 1Password Logins but all (or those I have tried) are invalid.

Thanks for any suggestions

Peter

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Peter ( @mitchbvi ),

If you select the Passwords category in the sidebar of the main application, is that where you find most of those thousand "invalid" items? To get rid of Password items there that already have valid corresponding Login items, please right-click on that Passwords category and select Remove Redundant. Or run Help → Tools → Remove Redundant Generated Passwords under the main menu.

Running that command lets 1Password scan for all Login and Password items that have exactly the same password and the same URL, then offers to Trash the Password items. Any Login items are always retained. This blog article also has information about its usage:

1Password for Mac Tip: One-click to tidy up your vault

Please let us know if that helps get rid of at least a good portion of the "invalid" items and if you still need help getting rid of any others. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.