Desktop 1Password "lagging behind" on latest updates to database

Desktop version: Version 3.9.6 (39600.038)
iOS version: THE MOST RECENT AVAILABLE for iOS 7.1.1

I have a very odd thing happening and it started happening (or I noticed it) recently. The latest edits in iOS app aren't showing up in desktop app. I had one log-in entry in "state A". I've changed it at some point to "state B" on an iOS app and that did not propagate to desktop app display. In the meantime, on iOS, the entry was changed to "state C". After that, today, the desktop application started displaying "state B" while iOS app displays the correct, current "state C". Desktop app doesn't show any intent of showing that. What the heck? I am feeling very uncomfortable thinking that I may start losing entries. I have MANY MANY MANY passwords and can't afford this kind of uncertainty!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Slobie,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. I just want to confirm a few details here about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices running 1Password? I know you've included one version number here, and that is much appreciated, but I'll need each one to get a better picture of the situation.
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Slobie,

Thanks for the additional information! It's good to hear that you're seeing the correct version of the Login in your 1Password.html file.

On a different note, why do I also see two additional 1Password.html files in the bundle [1Password (1).html and 1Password (2).html], both dated as "modified" on May 18, 2013?

There was a bug in an earlier version of 1Password 4 for iOS where multiple versions of the 1Password.html file could be created. To get rid of these, simply delete them all, (including the properly named 1Password.html with no number). 1Password will generate a new one on the next sync.

Now, on to the issue at hand: could you please take a look at the Preferences > General pane in 1Password and let me know where your data file is located on each computer. I wonder if you might have multiple keychains stored in Dropbox and if things might be getting tangled up a bit here.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Slobie,

Thanks for checking that! In that case, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each of your computers?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.