Master Password

clinicsuper
clinicsuper
Community Member

Somehow I now have two different Master Passwords on two different devices. I changed it on one device and assumed it would automatically update on all other devices. But, it did not. So now, I can't get into that one device because I didn't manually change the Master Password in that device and I can't remember the password. I would love to manually change them all in all devices, but how do I do that? I can't seem to locate the place I need to start to get this accomplished. Thanks.

Richard

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Richard ( @clinicsuper‌ )

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Master Password here. Changes to your Master Password should sync across all devices. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• clinicsuper
    clinicsuper
    Community Member

I am using all Apple products. I am using dropbox to keep things in sync. I can actually access everywhere but my Macbook Pro, which is the password I believe I changed and cannot now remember. Everything else is still using my old password, which I do remember.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

It will be more helpful if you can give the actual version numbers of 1Password and the operating system version numbers for all your computers and devices that run 1Password, as @Megan‌ asked. That will help get a resolution of your problem.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.