1Password Public Beta 4.6.BETA-1 + iPhone 5s iOS 8 Touch ID not switching on

scottb82
scottb82
Community Member

I have just updated and I am not able to switch on the Touch ID option within Security. It try's to switch on then turns off straight away.

Now with this update and Touch ID doesn't work I don't have Quick Unlock option anymore....

Is this an issue or do I need to enable this elsewhere first? eg iPhone Settings.

Comments

• myckmack
    myckmack
    Community Member

Same here.

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

This is an issue that most customers have. There are also a few more threads about this issue in the forum but saidly no real sollution. One user reported that it works on one of his devices where he restored the device to iOS 8 imstead of updateing it to iOS 8. if you wish you can try this andreport if it's working it not. For me it's not possible because i need all my SMS and other stuff thats getting removed by a clean install of iOS.

• Kay Dollt
    Kay Dollt
    Community Member

Same here

• bvleur
    bvleur
    Community Member

I do have the same issue on a iPhone 5S 64GB (A1457) with iOS8 beta 2 in Dutch (if any of those details matter).

• Good morning folks,

We are seeing a few reports of this problem and are looking into it. Does everyone have Touch ID enabled in Settings.app on their device?

• tdube
    tdube
    Community Member

same issue and dbl checked settings.app as well.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member

Updated (not restored) iPhone and Touch ID enabled in settings. Same issue as others where Touch ID setting in 1Password won't stay on.

• trob55
    trob55
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

Same issue here, and yes touch ID is enabled, use it all day. Also, only will allow use of Master Password, can not use 4 digit code anymore

• amar
    amar
    Community Member

Same here, using touch ID all the time but can't enable it in app

• sparky742
    sparky742
    Community Member

TouchID switched on OK for me.
    The first few times I still got asked for my password (just after it unlocked 1Password with TouchID!).
    Now it mostly works, although I have pressed "cancel" on the TouchID dialog, and got into 1Password like this:
    1. Unlock 1Password,
    2. Categories tab
    3. Press home
    4. Launch 1Password
    5. Cancel TouchID

This isn't 100% reproducible. Also I have a feeling it might happen if your finger is on the TouchID when you launch - it unlocks, but still displays a dialog. Hitting cancel lets you in because it already unlocked with TouchID (maybe).

Also,
    Sometimes when you launch you don't get a TouchID dialog, just a 1Password login.

This is going to be such a GREAT feature!

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Same prob for me since the update. Instantly turns back off when trying to turn on Touch ID.

• ohuebler
    ohuebler
    Community Member

Same for me on iPhone 5S A1457. It immediately turns off again when trying to switch it on and yes, I use Touch ID every day.

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member

same here - I just downloaded the new beta and as soon as i switch on touchID in 1Password, it switches back off. I do have it enables in settings - use it all the time to unlock my phone. hopefully the next beta has this fixed - I am super excited to have this feature!

any other info I can provide, let me know.

• taboo8614
    taboo8614
    Community Member

I am also having this issue

Touch ID is enabled and works at the lock screen
    I am syncing 1password over Dropbox
    iPhone 5s - A1533 - 32GB

I have deleted and reinstalled the app via HockeyApp, tho I'm still having the issue.

• ksoderstrom
    ksoderstrom
    Community Member

Touch ID is enabled and works fine on the lock screen, but I can't enable it within 1Password. The console logs while trying to enable it:

Jun 30 14:25:33 --- kernel[0] <Notice>: AppleKeyStore: operation failed (pid: 79 sel: 43 ret: e00002e2)
    Jun 30 14:25:33 --- securityd[79] <Critical>:  SecDbItemCopyEncryptedData ks_encrypt_data (db): failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -25308 - ks_crypt_acl: e00002e2 failed to wrap item (class 12, bag: 0) Access to item attempted while keychain is locked.)
    Jun 30 14:25:33 --- securityd[79] <Error>:  SecDbItemInsertOrReplace INSERT failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -25308 - ks_crypt_acl: e00002e2 failed to wrap item (class 12, bag: 0) Access to item attempted while keychain is locked.)
    Jun 30 14:25:33 --- securityd[79] <Error>:  securityd_xpc_dictionary_handler 1PasswordBeta[383] add The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -25308 - ks_crypt_acl: e00002e2 failed to wrap item (class 12, bag: 0) Access to item attempted while keychain is locked.)
    Jun 30 14:25:33 --- 1PasswordBeta[383] <Error>:  SecOSStatusWith error:[-25308] The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -25308 - Remote error : The operation couldn‚Äôt be completed. (OSStatus error -25308 - ks_crypt_acl: e00002e2 failed to wrap item (class 12, bag: 0) Access to item attempted while keychain is locked.))
    Jun 30 14:25:33 --- 1PasswordBeta[383] <Warning>: Failed to store 'lock-service' keychain data for account 'up': -25308

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

Just chiming in, +1 on this issue not being able to toggle on TouchID.

• songsak
    songsak
    Community Member

Same here with iOS 8 beta 2

• DeepThought
    DeepThought
    Community Member

Same here! (touch ID is enabled)

• taboo8614
    taboo8614
    Community Member

Can't wait for this to work! I'm so pumped to start using 1Password w/Touch ID in Safari.

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

A few minutes ago, Beta 2 was released but sadly the bug isn't fixed :(
    The only fix is: "[FIXED] Fixed problem where master password might be requested instead of Touch ID or Device Passcode."
    That's nice but it down't help much if you can't activate TouchID or Passcode :(
    If the TouchID feature will last longer to be fixed please bring back the Pin Code Option for this time so that there is an alternative to the very long Master Password.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Are any of the devs reading this thread? This is a major issue.. We can't even use your new feature..

• ohuebler
    ohuebler
    Community Member

The Beta 2 didn't fix the Touchcode issue for me either.

• dlinsin
    dlinsin
    Community Member

Same here, I'm still not able to switch on Touch ID using Beta 2. The UISwitch keeps snapping back to disabled!

• scottb82
    scottb82
    Community Member

Got feedback from 1Password and this is NOT fixed in Beta 2.....

• songsak
    songsak
    Community Member

Same here still not able to use TouchID or sync from iCloud

• myckmack
    myckmack
    Community Member

Same here : still not able to use TouchID in iphone 5S, nor Quick Unlock in iPad Air.

• joetomasone
    joetomasone
    Community Member

New beta user and I have the same issue.

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

Still unable to toggle TouchID with 4.6.BETA-2 (406002).

• taboo8614
    taboo8614
    Community Member

I submitted feedback via HockyApp a few days ago. They know its and issue and are working on it.

We're working on figuring out what's going on with this one. Keep an eye on the release notes in upcoming betas.

>

best,

>

Michael Fey

>

mrrooni@agilebits.com

>

AgileBits

• Sorry for the radio silence here folks, my apologies. One thing you can try is toggling Touch ID off and then on again in your iPhone's Settings.app. I have seen at least one report of that cajoling 1Password's Touch ID setting into submission.

This discussion has been closed.