iCloud sync not working [Moved to Email]

Options
jsdaken
jsdaken
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I had 1Password 4 running on my iMac, synced to my MacBook via iCloud. After a few months, I noticed that the MacBook's items were no longer up-to-date. I decided to start over, so I turned off syncing on the iMac and deleted and re-downloaded 1Password on the MB. I turned sync back on, but existing items didn't appear on the MB. If I create a new item -- or even duplicate an existing one -- on the iMac, it promptly appears on the MB. But no luck with existing items. I have tried retracing my steps, restarting the computers between steps, but no luck. What should I try next?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsdaken,

Now, there are a few very basic things that we need to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where things are getting tangled!)
    • Please ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices.

Once you have confirmed those details, let's reset sync to see if that gives things a kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• jsdaken
    jsdaken
    Community Member
    Options

What should I do with my MacBook -- should I turn off sync there as well before restarting?

• jsdaken
    jsdaken
    Community Member
    Options

I did what you requested. Existing items (see above) still did not sync to my MacBook, or to my iPhone.

• David Johnson
    David Johnson
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problems. iCloud Sync has stopped working on my macbook. Works fine on my iPad & iPhone 5S. I tried what you suggested as well, but with no luck.

• David Johnson
    David Johnson
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get my macbook & iPhone to sync using the WIFI Sync option. But the iCloud Sync still isn't working.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsdaken and David,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with iCloud sync right now. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each of your desktop computers?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jsdaken
    jsdaken
    Community Member
    Options

I sent it to support@ agilebits.com then saw your instructions above, so I also forwarded it to support+forum@ agilebits .com as well. Shoot, I just noticed you wanted a link to the thread. I'll resend with that. Third time's the charm.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @jsdaken,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

internal reference number: AMI-48442-282

This discussion has been closed.