Discrepancies between Windows and Mac versions

laxu
laxu
Community Member

I use both Windows and Mac versions of 1Password 4 and I'm disappointed by how many discrepancies there are between the two. The Mac version and Android versions seem to be mostly on par, but the Windows version is doing its own thing.

Basically right now I'm miffed by the following:

• You can't move login items between different vaults like you can on Mac.
  • The dubiously named Share button is essentially share via email as it tries to open Outlook setup on my work computer.
  • Generic Accounts etc still exist in Windows. Adding these will create logins that will not show up in 1P mini on the Mac unless you edit the login to do that. I now have to go thru my generic accounts in Windows and add them as normal logins (how about a "convert this type to another" button?) to get rid of this.

The whole idea of calling it 1Password 4 is that you expect that at least the desktop versions would have equal functionality. I really hoped that by the time 1P4 for Windows was released this would be the case but it seems the Windows developers never got the specs list.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

You can't move login items between different vaults

Here's how to move a Login item from vault A to vault B:

1. Open and unlock vault A
    2. Locate and select a Login item
    3. Copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C)
    4. Open and unlock vault B
    5. Paste (Ctrl+V)
  • Thack
    Thack
    Community Member

Hey, didn't know that. Is it documented? If not, may I suggest it gets included?

• Hi @Thack,

We'll add it to our guide. Thanks for the idea!

This discussion has been closed.