Search on Start Screen

Options
fsargent
fsargent
Community Member

Hi!

Please make the new android beta have a Search function on the start page. It takes me at least four clicks (and loads) to get to the search bar, and it's the primary function I use in 1Password.

Search should not be hidden in
[Start on Favourites] -> Menu -> Categories -> All Items -> Search Icon !

Thanks!

Comments

• mverde
    Options

We have received a lot of feedback requesting quicker access to search. Our development team is discussing a few different potential UI changes that would help with this. I will pass on your comments to be included in this discussion.

• captnswing
    captnswing
    Community Member
    Options

+100
    This is most annoying about the otherwise fine app!!

The homepage should be a list of my favorites with a search box on top.

There.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

I can't imagine that the GA goes withoyt changes on this point

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

+1
    having to click on "the menu" then "categories" then "all entries" and finally reaching the search function is a looooong way.

• mlgoodson
    mlgoodson
    Community Member
    Options

I might suggest being able to select what the start screen is might be a solution. Right now it seems to be Favorites. The ability to select All Entries as the start screen would fix this UI/UX problem without a redesign. I also agree that this is probably the most (one of very few--nice work BTW) irritating thing about the android app.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for the continued feedback and for the compliments too! I will continue to pass both along to our Android team.

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 and bump.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the additional feedback, @askewchan‌!

This discussion has been closed.