Firefox Extension Disappearing After Restarts [resolved; reset Firefox]

AGKyle
AGKyle
1Password Alumni
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanishing 1Password Extension for Firefox key since Firefox 29..

Comments

• ahbb
    ahbb
    Community Member

I am having a major issue with this. Basically, if I install the 4.2.3 extension it shows on the toolbar fine. When I quite Firefox and then restart it, the icon goes completely and is nowhere to be found even in the customize list. The only way I can make the add-on re-appear is by disabling and re-enabling the add on which is fine until I quit Firefox and then we are back to square one.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@ahbb‌

You are seeing a completely different issue, so I split your reply away into its own discussion so as to not mix two separate issues. Yours ss likely related to your Firefox Profile being corrupt. Try this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Create a new profile (do not delete the old one) and then reinstall the extension in that profile. Does the same issue occur? I'd bet it doesn't but I'd be very curious what your results are.

• ahbb
    ahbb
    Community Member

Excellent! It has done the job- rather than create a new profile I just did a Firefox Reset and now all works as it should. Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @‌ahbb

Great to hear that helped :)

If there's anything else we can do to assist in the future, please let us know! Have a wonderful week!

Kyle

This discussion has been closed.