Feature Request: Agilebits opensource cmdline Tool for readonlyaccess

Options
random_31731ec7aea
random_31731ec7aea
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using arq from haystacksoftware to backup my files encrypted to amazon S3.
The developer states on his site:

Your backups are stored in an open, documented format. We've also delivered an open-source command-line utility called arq_restore that's hosted at github, so you can read your data anytime without depending on Haystack Software (although we're in this for the long haul, so we'll be around for a long, long time!)

I would like to have the same "fallback" for my 1password data. Cause if agilebis doesn't exists anymore, I may not get to the great Documentation of their open dataformat. And it would be nice to know that they test cmdline tool for compliance with 1password.

Just my 2pence. The other solution would a easy to download Documentationpackage of theire Desgin and opendata format. Sure there are thirdparty tools available but since you to not encourage us to use them, they may be gone too.

Random

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

An interesting idea! Keep in mind that you can always read your Agile Keychain data by opening the 1Password.html file inside it which is a standards-compliant web app that does not require our participation in any way for you to access. No software is required apart from a web browser. We call this feature 1PasswordAnywhere.

Also, even if we were to get abducted by aliens, the copy of 1Password that you have installed on your machine would go on functioning indefinitely. I suspect you would have plenty of time to find an alternative solution.

It is great that you are thinking about this, though, and I will let the team know you are interested in a command line tool. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.