Android Buttons Bar sugestion

Apple Mac Osx
Apple Mac Osx
Community Member

1Password Beta shoud implement code to hide android software buttons "Back, Home, Apps" on phones like HTC One M8 and nexus series, without hardware buttons.

Thanks.

Comments

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

I disagree. I like having the standard navigation buttons available. I would not object to doing what some apps do -- making them less obtrusive dots. But the navigation icons do not bother me, and I would not be surprised if they were of help to the less tech-savvy.

• @Apple Mac Osx‌ Aside from the camera app on my Nexus devices, I'm not aware of any other app that hides the navigation bar (back, home, recents buttons). Could you help me understand why you feel that we should do it for 1Password?

• _CH_
    _CH_
    Community Member

@mverde - I know it's not the same thing but there are a number of apps that use immersive mode (full screen), and many of those hid the softkeys before immersive became 'a thing' - but most are games, video players, reading apps (either news, or something like google play books)
    That said, despite the ease of getting in and out of it - I think any sort of flag that puts a device into actual immersive just because it has hardware keys would be a bit silly.

• mverde
    edited June 2014

I should have been clear in my post above that I was deliberately excluding games, as I have several games installed which hide the navigation bar. Thanks for pointing that out!

• johan98
    johan98
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

Hiding the navigation buttons is definitely not something that an app like 1Password should do, according to the Design Guidelines.

• Thank you for your feedback @johan98. I passed on your comment to our development team. :) Let us know if there is anything else you would like us to look into.

This discussion has been closed.