Can't install latest version - downgrade?

aurelius
aurelius
Community Member

I'm on iOS 7.1.1 iPhone 5. Made the mistake of trying to install the latest Beta not seeing it is iOS 8 only. How do I get back to the older Beta? It is stuck on "can't install". VERSION 4.6.BETA-1 (406001) - LATEST

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2014

Hi @aurelius,

You can find the previous beta versions here but you'll need to make sure your data is synced with your App Store version. Those previous betas will expire eventually and we're not likely to issue any more betas for iOS 7.

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

I got the older one, thanks!

• robert3g
    robert3g
    Community Member

ware do i fined the ios 8 version ?

• e4xit
    e4xit
    Community Member

Hi,

I made the same mistake as aurelius *did not notice that it was iOS8 only), now my 1Pass Beta is stuck at "waiting". This means I cannot uninstall using iTunes or on the phone. Also cannot install 1Password from the app store now either... - Help!!

Thanks,

• Hi @e4xit,

Have you try rebooting your iPhone? The waiting part means it is waiting for something else, see if there's another app download stuck in the app store or any media downloads you might be doing. iOS will put your app install in a queue if it is busy downloading something else.

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

@e4xit‌ I don't know if this will work for you, but I was still able to uninstall using the little "x" on the app icon even though it was stuck at "waiting."

• That'd work as well, thanks for bringing that up, aurelius!

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

I realized that the new betas were IOS 8 only (I'm on IOS 7) and am also using the Mac beta .. Now that I'm on the road, I started IOS 1P and was told that the beta expired then exited. This was a major surprise. I downloaded the regular 1P but that was useless since my data is in the iCloud Beta Container. Are there instructions on moving the data from the beta container to the production release container? I was assuming that the last IOS 7 Beta would have removed the time bomb, so when we do upgrade, things would just continue to work.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

Luckily I had my Mac and was able to install the non-beta app and use the latest backup from the beta version to perform the initial load, then sync via iCloud so the IOS devices could get to the 1P data. I assume this is the correct procedure. But. I got to say, if I did not take my Mac with me, I would have been SOL until I returned.

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

I'm a little perplexed why the Beta is now iOS8 only. How many of your Beta testers are Apple Devs and have assess to it? Also, even upon public release of iOS8 I presume you will still support 7 for a while and need it tested. My older Beta expired so now I can no longer participate. If you only need feedback on 8, I guess that's understandable. Just a bit surprised.

• Smileybarry
    Smileybarry
    Community Member

I'm also having the same issue, and I also use an iPhone 4 so I'll never have access to iOS 8.

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member

Isn't the last available beta for iOS 7 currently older than the release version?

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi guys,

@rr0ss0rr‌:

Luckily I had my Mac and was able to install the non-beta app and use the latest backup from the beta version to perform the initial load, then sync via iCloud so the IOS devices could get to the 1P data.

I'm glad you got it moved to the regular version of 1Password, in addition to keeping backups while you're using betas. :P

@aurelius‌

I'm a little perplexed why the Beta is now iOS8 only.

We're only focusing on adding iOS 8 exclusive features like TouchID and Safari extensions to 1Password 4.6, which is why we're only supporting iOS 8 beta testers as we're not planning to change anything else. In other words, for iOS 7 users, it'll be identical and no further testing is needed for now.

How many of your Beta testers are Apple Devs and have assess to it?

Based on our stats, majority of the beta teams are on iOS 8 and Yosemite already.

Also, even upon public release of iOS8 I presume you will still support 7 for a while and need it tested.

Since we're not planning to make any other changes to 1Password beside the TouchID and Safari extension, there is not much to test for iOS 7. What we do afterward is a bit too far out to confirm anything.

@Smileybarry‌

I'm also having the same issue, and I also use an iPhone 4 so I'll never have access to iOS 8.

You'll have to switch to the regular App Store version of 1Password to keep using it. There is a time bomb on the betas, meaning that the beta will expire and you won't have access to your data.

@tjcarter‌:

Isn't the last available beta for iOS 7 currently older than the release version?

Generally, the last beta for that specific version is the same as the App Store version. In this case, the last iOS 7 beta is exactly the same as the App Store version.

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

@MikeT‌ thank you for the detailed reply! That makes sense about only needing to test the iOS8 features. I appreciate the opportunity to be part of the beta. Looking forward to the full release!

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @aurelius,

You're welcome. We hope we'll get your help on the future betas as any help we can get is greatly appreciated. The iOS 8 looks to be a great release from Apple once the little glitches are fixed.

Seeing 1Password work in Safari along with TouchID is just awesome and we can't wait for you to test that whenever you can grab iOS 8.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

Mike .. Thanks for the response .. I think it would be wise that the last beta have a longer time bomb .. Again, I was only able to get 1Password to work since I had access to my Mac .. If I didn't, then 1P and all my data would not be available to me while I was on extended road trip.

Thanks

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member

Mike, that the latest beta supporting iOS 7 is the same as the App Store version, I can tell you that the Dropbox no-longer-syncing bug is solved by removing/reinstalling the app and re sync with Dropbox. That may not be much help, but it was the only thing that really "fixed" the problem.

• Hi guys,

I think it would be wise that the last beta have a longer time bomb

We'll try to remember that next time. We rarely have two betas going at the same time for the same platform.

That the latest beta supporting iOS 7 is the same as the App Store version, I can tell you that the Dropbox no-longer-syncing bug is solved by removing/reinstalling the app and re sync with Dropbox.

I'd suggest waiting for a while before confirming it is fixed for you. We've gotten a few folks who reported the App Store version has that bug as well. It'd just stop syncing out of nowhere for some reasons. We're still investigating the causes behind that.

• jetspeed8
    jetspeed8
    Community Member

Mike, for those of us who got messed up on the ios8 update while still in iOS 7.1.2, where can we get a link to the last update that will work with that? Until I get that I am frozen in the waiting mode.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @jetspeed8,

You can find the previous iOS 7 beta here: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/manage/apps/16634/app_versions/

Note those early betas may not work anymore. In that case, you'll need to switch to the App Store Version of 1Password to keep using it on iOS 7. You should have data from your backups or from Dropbox and/or Wi-Fi sync with your computer.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

My thought is non of the IOS 7 betas would work since the latest beta stopped working last week. I understand that you don't need additional testing for IOS 7, but for the convenience of all the IOS 7 beta testers from switching apps and iCloud containers back and forth, it would have been less shock and work (on our part) to keep us all on the beta so when we do upgrade, we wouldn't have to revert back to the beta,

• Hi @rr0ss0rr,

We do understand and we are looking to see if we can do something for iOS 7 users. The problem is that we don't have that flexibility with the beta distribution (it is not handled by us) and we are trying to figure out the easiest solution for everybody on both versions. Right now, there isn't an easy solution beside simply switching back to the App Store version for the iOS 7 users.

However, that's why we always warn all of our beta testers to back up their data as often as possible because stuff like this can happen.

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member

Ok, this is quickly becoming absurd. I'm in the same boat as e4xit. My App Store version is working fine and has no issues. The Beta, however, is in a perpetual "waiting" mode. It is, as far as I can see, impossible to delete. There is no "x" beside it as there is with every other app.

• Hi @0p3ragh05t,

Have you rebooted your iPhone and/or try doing a full sync with iTunes? That sometimes help.

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member

Sorry for such a long delay in replying. I Was able to delete it by going into settings.

• Sweet, thanks for updating the thread to let us know.

For others, you can delete an app in the iOS Settings app > General > Usage > Manage Storage (under Storage, not iCloud) > 1Password and tap on Delete app.

This discussion has been closed.