Using 1Password on Mac and iOS version on iPad and iPhone

dphotoman1
dphotoman1
Community Member

I have had so many problems with the iOS version (inability to use 1browser and trying to copy highly secure passwords) so secure I can't even use my iPhone or iPad on most sites. I had rather fight the crooks that break into my accounts than continue this never ending inability to use the iOS version. Makes me wonder why I continue to even carry my phone and or iPad as I never know from one day to the next if I can actually use either or if they have become the new Rubrics Cube. A challenge equal to hacking into my own accounts each and every time.
Do you have any idea if the new iOS version and new OS for Mac coming out in fall will solve the browser problems thereby making this software usable? Otherwise how can I use 1Password on Mac and delete it from other platforms? Or delete it from all use and fight the hackers that are trying to invade my accounts, which may be an easier task than using this uncoordinated software.
I'm pretty sure I won't hear from anyone that will solve this but I thought I'd give it the old college try.
Will this be one of those questions one of the experts at agilebits will find and solve?
Are any of you guys (Steve) out there anymore? Or is this just my last gasp of air as I continue to drownd in this ocean of crap?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

It might help if you detail exactly what troubles you're having and I really mean write in detail. That's your first post and it's a rant. You may be frustrated but talking about fighting the hackers won't allow anybody to actually assist you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

I would agree that it will be hard to assist you with so little specificity about your problems, which I must say I have never experienced.

But if the announcements about iOS 8 are as they appear, 1Password should become able to integrate with mobile Safari. That would make 1Browser obsolete for most users.

As far as deleting the application on your iOS devices, if that is what you want to do, you would accomplish that the same way as you delete any other application.

If you are willing to detail the issues you are experiencing, there are several experts from AgileBits around who are eager to help users.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dphotoman1‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been finding the iOS app complicated and I'd be more than happy to help you get things straightened out here. Unfortunately, as @littlebobbytables‌ and @hawkmoth have suggested, we will need a bit more detail in order to track down where things are getting tangled up.

I do want to direct you to our iOS User Guide. It should walk you through most of the basics of this app, including organizing, syncing and 1Browser. If it's still feeling like a Rubiks Cube after reading the guide (I feel your pain - those things are not simple!), we're here for you. :)

• dphotoman1
    dphotoman1
    Community Member

I hope this is how this works. I tried to attach a word doc and it won't let me. :))

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dphotoman1‌

Are you trying to attach a word doc to 1Password using the iOS app or the desktop app? Unfortunately, it is not possible to attach files to the iOS version at this time. I'd be happy to mention to our developers that you'd like to a feature like this though! :)

• dphotoman1
    dphotoman1
    Community Member

Thats exactly what I run into all the time. Just attach file but there is no mention of which files can be attached.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dphotoman1‌

I'm sorry, I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question here. There is a 5MB limit on the size of attachments, but really you can attach any type of file you wish. The only sticking point is in what the operating system you are using is able to view. For example, if you attach a Windows.doc file, and try to open it on your iOS device, you will not be able to, simply because iOS is not capable of reading the file. This doesn't mean that your file is corrupt, you just won't be able to see it on your iOS device.

Does this help explain attachments a bit more?

• dphotoman1
    dphotoman1
    Community Member

Thanks a lot. You have been most helpful

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• dphotoman1
    dphotoman1
    Community Member

ill probably have more questions. thanks to all of you. This is a little difficult for me (70 year USAF Pilot) retired.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dphotoman1‌

We're happy to help in any way that we can! We'll do our best to ensure that using 1Password is less complicated than flying planes for the Air Force. ;)

This discussion has been closed.