Editing item via 1Browser duplicates the website field

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Delete Section not working.

Comments

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

I just created new Login entry using my iPad and built-in 1browser (Safeway account). 1browser is set to pretend to be Safari (Mac).
    Website to login was copied and included in the entry.
    I have added New section to include Security question required by the site. I used iPad to generate the answer, saved it and generated new password for Login as well. Saved.
    I tried to login to Safeway website, but the link to the website was missing. So I googled it again, copy and pasted it to the Login entry.
    Suddenly, I have two lines for website (appear to be identical) and two lines for Security question in added New section. The questions are identical, the answers are: the first is the new one generated by 1P4 on iPad, the second one is my own previous answer before I used the generated answer.

I cannot delete the duplicates.

Do you suggest to delete and reload 1P4 to my iPad and iPhone? If so, would you please provide a link to a go by. I use Dropbox and several Mac's to sync same database.

Thanks

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @fairgame,

This doesn't sound it is related to the original delete section bug, so I've split your post out into its own thread to make it easier for both of us.

I just created new Login entry using my iPad and built-in 1browser (Safeway account). 1browser is set to pretend to be Safari (Mac).

I assume you mean you created a new login in the 1Password app before you open 1Browser, since there is no way to create a new item from within 1Browser.

I have added New section to include Security question required by the site. I used iPad to generate the answer, saved it and generated new password for Login as well. Saved. I tried to login to Safeway website, but the link to the website was missing. So I googled it again, copy and pasted it to the Login entry.

I'm not sure I understand this clearly. Let me write down the steps you took and you can tell me if it is correct:

1. You opened 1Password on the iPad, switched to 1Browser, and visited Safeway to find its login page.
    2. You copied the URL, switched back to the Categories > Logins, tapped on + to create a new Login, pasted in the URL in the website field.
    3. You then created a new section, added a new password field, generated the answer for it, and then generated the password in the password field.
    4. You saved the Login, tap on the website in Safeway to open in 1Browser (unless you opened 1Browser and manually head to Safeway).
    5. You then tapped on the 1Password icon in 1Browser, Safeway did not show up. You then googled for the site's login page, copied it, and then switch back to the Logins section to edit Safeway item to enter the URL, which was missing.

You saved it and now all of the sudden, you see duplicated website fields and sections?

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,
    Up to step 4 I did as you said. Step 5 is close. I had both 1Browser and Login entry going at the same time to copy and paste back and forth (URL, generated security question answer and generated password). My first password was simple word just to get the Login established before I generated new password from 1P4.
    So in step 5 I switched to 1Browser, logged out of the website, closed the tab and switched to Login for Safeway. This is when the URL was missing. The Login was there with username and password, as well as one security question and answer.
    Since I closed the tab with Safeway Login page, I googled it in 1Browser to obtain the link, copy and pasteed it to Login.
    I then clicked the URL and 1Browser correctly filled out the info to login.
    Switching back to login side of 1P4, I saw 2 same URL's and 2 security questions (same) with 2 answers (new and old).

I could not delete either on my iPad. After few tries, I as able to delete old security question and answer. And I deleted the duplicate URL on Mac.
    I have 4.5.3 version on iPad.

Thanks for working this.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,
    I just realized that the common threat was creating Add New Section on iPad.
    If that helps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

I'm curious, if you follow those same steps and create a new Login for Safeway, do you get the same results?

Here's what I did (using 1Password 4.5.3 on iPad 2, with the User Agent set to Safari (Mac):

• Open 1Browser and navigate to Safeway's homepage
    • Select 'Login'
    • Copy the URL
    • Slide 1Browser aside and create a new Login
    • Paste the URL into the website field
    • Add a username and generate a password
    • Create a new section with title 'Security Question'
    • Add a password field and a generated password
    • Tap 'Done' to save changes.

All details appear to be saved.

• Switch back to 1Browser and close Safeway tab
    • Switching back to the Vault view still shows my Login with all fields.

I've tried adding additional sections, but I'm still not seeing any duplicated fields. Please let me know if you are able to consistently reproduce these duplicated fields ... or if I'm missing a step in my testing above!

This discussion has been closed.