Equivalent of CMD-\ command?

pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

When you are in 1P 4 For iOS, and you are in the 1P browser with a website open, what is the equivalent of the Mac CMD-\ command to populate the user id and password login fields on the site?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @pomme4moi,

Tap on the key icon on the 1Browser toolbar, which will bring up your 1Password data for the site, and then select the the item to fill in.

There isn't a keyboard shortcut for the CMD+\ if you're using an external keyboard, you'd have to tap on the key icon to fill your data.

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. When I tap on the key icon, a window pops up with my credit card details - see attachment at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53682537/Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 19.01. 1.png

As you can see in this example, no login information appears in the pop-up. So still wondering how to get 1P to populate my login details. Thx

• Jasper
    edited July 2014

Hi @pomme4moi,

If no logins appear in that menu, it means that you don't have a login saved for the current site. For the website in the screenshot, please ensure one of your login items has amazon.co.uk saved in the website field.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member

I do have a login for this item, and it works fine with 1P on my Mac. But with 1P on iOS, it does not populate the login fields. I have several other sites where the same thing happens. I showed Amazon as an example, but my general question is: When 1P on iOS does not populate the login fields, and when tapping the key icon does not show the pertinent data for the site, how do I access the login info? Thx

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pomme4moi‌

Does the site you're using have a separate mobile website? If the URL you are viewing in 1Browser is different than the URL stored in your 1Password entry, 1Password has no way of knowing that this Login matches with this particular URL. Please try copying the URL you are viewing in 1Browser and add it to your existing Login.

When 1P on iOS does not populate the login fields, and when tapping the key icon does not show the pertinent data for the site, how do I access the login info?

You can access the vault view and see your Logins at any time by sliding 1Browser aside (tap the icon on the bottom left menu bar). From the vault view you can copy and paste your details into 1Browser.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

This discussion has been closed.