Attachments under iOS

yogibaer
yogibaer
Community Member

I am a new 1PW user and use the program under Windows 7, MacOS 10.8.5 and iOS 7.1.2. I enter my information's under MacOS or under Windows and then sync my iOS devices with the 1PW-MacOS software via WLAN sync in my home WLAN. I added attachments (PDF and JPEGs) to some of my objects in my 1PW-container via drag and drop under MacOS and Windows.

The attachments are visible under MacOS as well as under Windows. I understand, that under iOS currently you can't add attachments to an object. But I thought, that attachments added under Windows or MacOS would be available under iOS after syncing. But on my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) I don't see any indicator for the existence of any attachments.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Currently, at least, attachments do not sync using wifi sync. (I know that's the case with 1P4 for OS X. I don't use 1P4 for Win but assume the same applies to that, from what you say.)

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Although you have chosen so far not to use one of the cloud sync solutions, I can report that if you were willing to use Dropbox or iCloud, you would be able to see your attachments on iOS devices. You can't add, edit, or delete them there, however. And the last time I checked, there were still some bugs to be squashed having to do with how attachment deletions on the Mac are handled on iOS. Or more correctly, not handled.

• Hi guys,

@yogibaer:

But I thought, that attachments added under Windows or MacOS would be available under iOS after syncing. But on my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) I don't see any indicator for the existence of any attachments.

Stephen and hawkmoth are correct. Right now, attachments are not sync’ed over the Wi-Fi network. This is something we plan to add in a big major update to the Wi-Fi sync system in the future. There are a few other limitations that we’re working along with the attachments, such as multiple vault support.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeframe on this, only that it is a big priority for us to fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yogibaer‌

I just wanted to follow up here- our developers have made some awesome improvements to Wi-Fi sync lately! In our latest 1Password 4 for iOS beta release notes are the following improvements:

[NEW] Wi-Fi sync on iOS is now fully automatic.

[IMPROVED] Improved Wi-Fi sync to sync attachments. (Requires the latest beta of 1Password for Mac for Yosemite)

While these improvements are still in beta testing, we'll do what we can to release them to you all just as soon as possible - thanks for your patience! :)

This discussion has been closed.