sync ipad with dropbox: question

Options
fritsjansen
fritsjansen
Community Member

I noticed that my 1Password was not syncing well with my iPad...on my mac is the sync with dropbox...when I try to sync on my ipad with the existing dropbox-file I get the message of a Vault Mismatch and the recommendation not to merge...what to do?...if I merge anyway, what will happen?...I want of course that the dropbox-file changes my ipad file and not the other way around!...can somebody help me out...(reassurance)...
thank you in advance...frits

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fritsjansen‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password synced up right now. Thanks for including that screenshot, it helps a lot.

That warning does sound a little bit dire, I don't blame you for being a bit hesitant here! We're working on making this message a bit more informative in the future. For now, if you do not have multiple vaults stored in Dropbox, we should be able to go ahead with the merge. (If you do have multiple vaults in Dropbox, we do want to take care that you are matching up the correct vault and not combining two unique ones.)

Please tap on the 'More Info' option on that screen. It will tell you how dissimilar the vault on the iPad is from the vault in Dropbox. 1Password is generally pretty good at merging, so even if there are a few differences in the vault 1Password can combine them correctly. For any data that 1Password is unsure of which change is newer, a conflict section within the entry so that no data is lost.

If you're still unsure, please let me know the discrepancy between the two vaults. We can investigate further :)

• fritsjansen
    fritsjansen
    Community Member
    Options

hi megan,

thank you for your reply (and understanding)...after reading I went ahead with the merge...and all went wel :-*

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.