Problem with extension version 3.9.20 for Safari running Lion 10.7.5 [Resolved]

Options
Kylie Trager
Kylie Trager
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've had this problem for some time. When I launch Safari, the iPassword "key" icon does appear in the menu bar, but when I click on it, and enter my Master Password into the window, I get a red-colored notice that says, "problem with database, extension database not available," and then an instruction to force-quit. I've tried the force quit a number of times and finally gave up and began using Firefox, where 1Password works without a hitch. That was months ago.

But I miss Safari. A few days ago, I tried a new password management app, which seems to work well for me in Safari (and Firefox) in my initial testing. Before I make a switch over to another app entirely, what can I do, if anything, to get 1Password 3.9 to function in Safari under Lion?

Thanks

Comments

• Kylie Trager
    Kylie Trager
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. Just found the solution in another post :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kylie,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you've got things behaving properly! I'm sorry we weren't able to get to you in time to be of any assistance though. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

For any other users coming across this thread, the solution can be found here: "Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks.

This discussion has been closed.