Safari hot key seems very slow

Blacksmith
Blacksmith
Community Member

I'm running OS 10.9.4 and have the latest versions of 1PW and Safari. When I load Safari and go to any web site to log in, command \ doesn't work for some reason. I then have to use button on the Safari toolbar but after the first log in, the hot key works - until I quit Safari when the whole process has to be repeated. It's probably something very obvious but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Blacksmith,

Do these pages finish loading before you're first pressing Command-\ (⌘\) to fill with 1Password? Some of the extension scripts have to be loaded first in the page's code. If a page is loading slowly the extension might not be able to respond in time for your command to fill.

Can you see if filling works the first time after making sure pages have have finished loading? And if it's still troublesome, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Once we've reviewed the report we'll be able to better assist you with resolving this issue. Thanks in advance!

• Blacksmith
    Blacksmith
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, as far as presentation is concerned pages are fully loaded, however it may be that some scripts are still being downloaded. Most noticeable are pages such as amazon.co.uk and my own router web i/f that I've been using 1PW to log in to for years. The only thing that's changed recently would be the OS 10.9.4 update. Will keep an eye on it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Blacksmith,

Thanks for keeping an eye on things there! :) We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.