Not filling all fields in FF 30

Options

This site https://trading.iii.co.uk/user/login requires username, password and 2 digits from a PIN. Quite a common scenario.

I created a login with whichever 2 digits were requested and then manually edited it to add all the possible digits. Fortunately it uses the field name format login[pin_1] etc. which allows this technique to work.
Some other sites will just ask for fields e.g. RandomPin1, RandomPin2 and only the displayed text indicates which PIN digits are required.

Anyway, this friendly site makes a fully automated logon possible. That worked fine with 1P v3. It still works with 1P v4 under IE11.

But it does not work with FF 30. It fills in the username and password but not any of the PIN digits.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @markv,

Can you change the PIN fields to type of text instead of password and see if that works better.

Also, can you tell me which 1Password extension version you're using in Firefox 30, I tested with 4.2.4 beta 3 in Firefox 30 and it does seem to work better if I use the text type.

• markv
    markv
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Running 4.2.3 on FF31 now.
    Your suggested fix was a complete success. Changing type to text resulted in the PIN characters being correctly filled.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Best regards, Mark

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Markv,

Awesome! You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.