Chrome Extension displays menu on the desktop [Fixed by reinstalling Chrome]

Options
gxa747
gxa747
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi

I am new to 1Password. I set it up on my Mac and now I am attempting to set it up on my wife's HP laptop. I have installed the Chrome extension but every time I click on the key icon in Chrome, the dropdown menu does not appear. (Although right-clicking does display options). The prompt asking to save a password when I log into a website also does not appear. I eventually found that these "windows" are actually being displayed on the desktop not on the screen where Chrome is (I think in Windows 8 Chrome is an "app" rather than something that runs on the desktop.)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome extension, restarted the laptop, temporarily disabled the firewall and MacAfee antivirus. Running out of things to try now. Any ideas?

Windows 8.
Chrome 36.0.1985.125.
Chrome 1Password extension v4.2.3.90

Thanks
Geoff

Comments

• gxa747
    gxa747
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

After further investigation, I think this was a Chrome problem. I could run Chrome as an app but if I chose the option to then open it on the desktop, I got the error "This file does not have a program associated with it". It was as if the desktop version of Chrome had disappeared. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and all was well, there was dancing in the streets and my lifelong battle to defeat the machinations of naughty software took a step closer to that final victory we all hope for...

Cheers
    Geoff

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @gxa747‌,

:bz There was some dancing here as well. Thanks for updating this thread to tell us what you found out and you got it working.

This discussion has been closed.