1password 3 sync with pc or android

sarlej
sarlej
Community Member

Hello,
i cant see 1password 3 ios section so i write it here. I used my iphone 3gs with 1password for years. Now i buy new phone, android phone, and want to synchronise data from old 1password for ios but i dont know how.

Dropbox sync don't work, because of change in api.
I cant use wifi sync because i dont have mac.
Backups from old ios version can't be use on windows or android!

Is here any other option i can get my data from old version to my new android phone?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sarlej‌

You're right, this is a bit of a conundrum, but I think we can still get your data transferred onto your new phone. It will require a bit of fancy footwork though.

First of all, you mention not having a Mac. Do you have any access to a Mac from anyone among your family or friends? The simplest solution here is to use Wi-Fi sync to 1Password 3 for Mac.

If you do not have access to a Mac, please let me know what version of iOS you have installed on your 3Gs. What we'll attempt to do here is install the latest compatible version of 1Password 4 on your iPhone and migrate your data directly on the iPhone.

• sarlej
    sarlej
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    thank you for reply. Unfortunately i don't have access to any mac computer.
    My ios version is: 6.1.6 and my 1password version is: 3.7.2

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sarlej,

Alright. Thanks for confirming that for me. Here's the plan. I'm sending you a promo code to download 1Password 4 for iOS for free. Since you're on iOS 6, you'll need to follow Apple's instructions on how to install the latest compatible version to get the correct version installed. Then you should be able to import your data from 1Password 3 for iOS to 1Password 4 for iOS. To import the data from 1Password 3 for iOS, please take a look at the following video:

http://i.agilebits.com/cdj/video/tutorial/import-1P3-1P4-iPhone.mov

Your copy of 1Password 4 for iOS will look slightly different, as you will be using the version prior to the iOS 7 update, but the process should work the same: when you open 1Password 3 for iOS, it will detect that you have 1Password 4 for iOS installed and ask you to import.

Once your data is imported to 1Password 4 for iOS, you can set up Dropbox sync (Settings > Sync > Dropbox). Then 1Password 4 for Android can detect the datafile in Dropbox, and you'll be all sorted!

Please let me know how this goes - if you hit any snags in the process, we'll be here to help you straighten things out. :)

• sarlej
    sarlej
    Community Member

Thank you for help Megan.
    I have one snag, ios have some weird bug and i cant show my purchased apps on 3gs. Luckily i could use ipad mini in work to transfer data from old version to new version. I have my 1password data on my new android phone.
    So thank you very much again.

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.