How do I import my Apple/iCloud Keychain passwords into 1Password 4 for Mac?

2»

Comments

• gimparoo
    gimparoo
    Community Member

I am new to 1P4 and as many, have the same issue. Not being in a rush myself puts me in a nice position to do as Megan suggested, and in doing so, will master the ways of 1P4 workings.... Thanks for the help!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gimparoo‌

Thanks so much for choosing 1Password to keep your digital life secure and organized! I hope all goes well for you in your quest to master the ways of the 1Password, but if you have any questions, we're here to help. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey @gimparoo,

I've merged the topic containing your post (plus the others) into this one where there's more information about importing Apple/iCloud Keychain passwords… although I do like the approach you're taking with what @Megan suggested. :)

• dljewett
    dljewett
    Community Member

I can't find anyway to export my Keychain passwords into 1Password. How can this be done?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

In essence, you can't do it easily. See this long thread for the reasons why.

Stephen

• dljewett
    dljewett
    Community Member

OK, then, if Stephen is correct (of which I have no doubt). Do you suggest that I use a mixture of Keychain and 1Password? If so, any tips on things to do or not do?
    Thanks. Don

• dljewett
    dljewett
    Community Member

Sorry, I meant this as a Reply, but clicked "Post Comment" instead. = OK, then, if Stephen is correct (of which I have no doubt). Do you suggest that I use a mixture of Keychain and 1Password? If so, any tips on things to do or not do? Thanks. Don

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, Don ( @dljewett‌ ).

Your topic has now been merged with the one that @Stephen_C‌ referred to in his reply. You also asked:

Do you suggest that I use a mixture of Keychain and 1Password? If so, any tips on things to do or not do?

Here's a topic related to that (mentioned earlier):

Apple keychain vs 1Password interference?

And:

Another option is to save new items to 1Password after they've been filled with login details from Safari's AutoFill (which can remain enabled as long as you'd like).

In this case, the best suggestion is whatever works personally best for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.