1Password on a Windows computer won't accept the username/password that works on my other devices

I have been using 1Password on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and syncing through Dropbox. I also bought a Windows license and installed the program on my PC, but it doesn't recognize my username and password. I share that PC with someone who has his own Dropbox folder on the computer, so I shared the agilebits folder with his Dropbox. It works when he goes into his account on dropbox.com, but I need to be able to access it on the computer on my own. Please help!

Comments

• Hi @denaq‌,

We'll help you fix this. First, can you explain a bit more about your Dropbox setup. Is it the same Dropbox account set up in the same Windows account but you have two different shared folders that includes 1Password data?

Have you try going to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault in the main 1Password program to access your 1Password data folder?

Keep in mind that it is risky to share the same Windows account with someone else that you are not willing to trust with your 1Password data. He can configure the PC in such a way that it can capture your keyboard events and he'd be able to figure out your master password.

This discussion has been closed.