Agilebits Website: Alternatives to Adobe Flash media?

GeniusRedacted
GeniusRedacted
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Lounge

Any chance that the Agilebits website videos will get non-Flash equivalents?

Some folks nowadays don't use Adobe Flash…

Oh. Just realized it was a browser issue… sigh.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

+1. I won't install that virus on my system.

• Hi guys,

We use Vimeo to store our videos, which has a player that switches between HTML5 and Flash depending on your browser support.

So if your browser supports video natively, it will use the HTML5 player and if not, it'll fall back to Flash.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

Chances are high that the typical 1PW user is much more security-aware than the average “12345”-password-for-every-site user, which probably further means that there shouldn’t be too many 1PW users that still have Flash installed.

However it would be a nice touch if a heavily security-dedicated company like Agilebits wouldn’t offer Flash content at all. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to say that the job of Agilebits’ website should be to detect potential security risks on the customer’s computer.

But, if only HTML5 videos are available, it would at least help those users who are using a legacy browser (and thus are still relying on Flash) to get aware of the issue.

Besides that, not-offering Flash content would also underline the seriousness of Agilebits’ dedication to security. I’m sure your marketing guy will agree :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I don’t want to say that the job of Agilebits’ website should be to detect potential security risks on the customer’s computer.

Indeed it is not. :)

This discussion has been closed.