Firefox Ctrl+\ doesn't work for one site

Options

Hi,

I use 1P on both Windows and Mac and have noticed that the Firefox plugin on Windows for a particular site doesn't work correctly. This has actually been a problem for me for a while, even with 1P3 --again, only on Windows and Firefox.

I frequent this URL for work and have found a rather consistent behavior. When I access it from a freshly loaded browser, using the keyboard shortcut just shows a search form. Clicking the icon, however will show the available logins and will work.

In the older version, after clicking the login from the icon and gaining access, any further accessing would allow me the use of the keyboard shortcut. Since upgrading to 1P4, however, I only seem to be able to login from the icon.

I tried this on both Mac and Windows and in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on both platforms. The only one that seems to have the issue is the Firefox version on Windows.

Any thoughts? Do I have the login configured incorrectly somehow? The screenshot attached shows the difference between the two. This was taken in the same browser session without a refresh.

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jktravis,

That's unusual and the good news is that I can reproduce it. I've filed a bug report in our tracker and we'll figure out a fix for this.

I checked the logs, the 1Password Helper is getting the right URL from the extension but it is not showing it in the menu for some reason and it is not yet clear why only Firefox on Windows is affected.

I'll update you as soon as we have something for you. Our Windows developer is on vacation, so it might be a while before we figure this out.

• jktravis
    jktravis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @MikeT‌.

I have just made another discovery. Occasionally, using either the icon or key-stroke will bring up the the menu with no page suggested even though I'm on the page. In other words, I need to search for the entry in the plugin. When this occurs, it seems I can go into the Firefox Addon screen, disable 1P, then immediately re-enable it (without restarting the browser), and functionality will resume back to the aforementioned scenario.

Let me know if you need anything else form me.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Occasionally, using either the icon or key-stroke will bring up the the menu with no page suggested even though I'm on the page. In other words, I need to search for the entry in the plugin.

I've seen this occasionally too, but normally when focus isn't in one of the form fields. I find that clicking in one of the fields and then pressing Ctrl+\ works.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Does it happen on any random sites or do you see a pattern to specific sites?

• jktravis
    jktravis
    Community Member
    Options

It happens quite consistently with the Remedy thin client that I linked above. I pretty much only use Windows for work, so, that's where I notice the problem.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jktravis,

Remedy I can confirm, that's an open bug report in our tracker. It is possible once we fix that, it may fix others.

If you have more sites like it, we can try to issue a wider fix for it.

This discussion has been closed.