Password items does not show attachments [Confirmed, will add this in a future update]

HRD
HRD
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

I have a pdf attached to a password category but is not appearing in same on iOS, either beta or stable version.

Note: I have other attachments in other categories that are in sync. I use Dropbox.

Any clues?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @HRD,

Did you add this recently or was it added a long time ago?

Can you try creating a new test item and attach the same PDF to it, does it show up on the other site?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I add the file recently.

Created a test item and followed your instructions, and it doesn't show up.

Any other suggestions?

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @HRD,

What's the version of 1Password you're using right now on your Mac and do you have a different Mac or PC? If yes, does the attachment show up there?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Mac Version: 4.5.BETA-12 (450012)

Windows version: 4.0.2 Beta 507

The attachment does not show in the Windows version either.

Do you think my Dropbox file is corrupted?

I look forward to your further thoughts.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @HRD,

It is not likely but we can't be sure of anything right now. Right now, we're trying to figure out if it is a bug in the Mac app. For an example, when you saved it with the attachment, it may have not added the reference to the attachment. This would have inform other 1Password apps that it has an attachment.

Your attachments aren't actually stored within the items itself but rather stored in a separate folder with that specific item having a reference to it.

You are able to open the attachment from within the Mac app without any issues, right?

In the Windows app, if you add a new test attachment (you can open NotePad, write some text in it, and save) to an item and sync it, does it show up in the Mac or iOS apps?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for the informative feedback.

Yes, I can open the attachment from within the Mac App.

It doesn't appear that you can save attachments within the generated password category in Windows App, and I think the same applies to iOS.

Possibly, this could be the issue, i.e. the attachment section within the generated password category is not replicated across all the Apps?

Thoughts?

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @HRD,

That's correct, there is no attachment view for the Password items in the iOS app at the moment. This is something we do plan to fix in a future update.

You should easily be able to confirm this by creating a new Login item (or convert the said Password item to a Login) with the same attachment and sync it across.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT.

That fixes the issue but I have to say it is a compromise, as passwords and logins are not the same.

Once again, I look forward to the update.

• I agree, it's not the experience we want either. Hopefully, we'll get a lot of the bugs you've very awesomely reported for us fixed soon enough for you.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

Noted with thanks.

• You're welcome!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

Just a nudge to check on the progress with my groan.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014

Hi @HRD,

No progress yet, sorry. I did bump our tracker on this to make sure the team is aware of it.

By the way, I've moved this to the iOS beta forum since this is an iOS version issue.

Bug ID #: OPI-1104

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I await progress.

• Hopefully, not too long of a wait for you.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Just a gentle nudge to enquire on progress.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HRD,

Thanks for checking in on us! The issue is listed as 'resolved' in our issue tracker, and I've just added a PDF attachment to a password item on Mac and successfully viewed it on iOS.

If you are seeing something different, please let us know!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Megan,

Thanks. I must have missed this.

• Thanks for following up, @HRD. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

This discussion has been closed.