Unable to search across multiple vaults

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Multiple Vaults - Points of Friction.

Comments

• Joe Foerster
    Joe Foerster
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

New user (still working with the trial version on Mac, but bought the IOS version) question. I was trying out the Search this morning and I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that search worked across vaults. I have a primary for me and a family vault for my spouse, but searches are kinda strange. I expect that I will see results either (A) a list of results alphabetically from all vaults or (B) alphabetic lists from one, then another vault, one after another. I found instead that it returns results from the current vault and then shows a button to expand the search. That would be OK, except in my case, it did not return results for every hit in the other vault from the currently selected one. I checked the scope to search all fields, so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Joe,

Searching across multiple vaults isn't possible. I've noted your interest in that feature with the request in our tracker.

Does searching return results you'd expect within the currently selected vault?

ref: OPM-1644

• anothersmurf
    anothersmurf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk--Please note my interest in that feature too. It would be very useful to be able to search across multiple vaults. (I'm thinking in particular of the search box at the top of the menubar app.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anothersmurf‌

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! I've added a vote to the issue in our tracker just for you. :)

• Matt Dickinson
    Matt Dickinson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using dashlane instead of 1password to solve the sharing issue until we can search across multiple vaults in 1P. using mutiple vaults is great in theory but so annoying if you use sesrch as your primsry way to find passworde to login

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback about this, Matt. I'm sorry the current limitation of accessing one vault at a time has you using Dashlane right now.

Being an active user of multiple vaults certainly makes me aware of how convenient multi-vault filling/searching would be. One thing that helps is making heavy use of the ⌘1 … ⌘9 vault-switching keyboard shortcuts in the main 1Password application and mini.

This discussion has been closed.