Syncing family to 1Password

Options
cdawnweaver
cdawnweaver
Community Member

I am new to 1Password - bought the "family pack." I have my devices in sync, but I'm struggling with how to set up my husband's Macbook and iPad mini. I'm using iCloud for syncing. Can anyone give me a set by step?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'd be more than happy to assist you, @cdawnweaver‌. Could you just let me know if your husband will be using his own separate vault or if you intend to share a single primary vault (and thus Master Password) between the two of you?

• cdawnweaver
    cdawnweaver
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, khad. He would like his own vault.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @cdawnweaver‌,

In that case, your husband can just install 1Password on his Mac, use the same license you got from us to register it. For his iPad mini, he can download 1Password on his iPad mini using your family iTunes account without paying again.

To get started with his own vault, open 1Password first on his Mac, he can choose the option I'm new to 1Password and it'll let him create his own vault. After that, enable the sync with iCloud or Dropbox, so that when he set up 1Password on his iPad mini, he can choose I've used 1Password before and select the sync option to pull in his data from his Mac.

That should be all you need to do if you want to have separate vaults.

If you need more help, please email us directly at support AT agilebits.com with a link to this thread (to help us connect the dots), and we'll help you through every step of the way.

This discussion has been closed.