Step by Step Dropbox Syncing

fredr1
fredr1
Community Member

I feel like I'm missing something and couldn't find it in the forums (I'm sure it's there, but I couldn't find it).

I have 1pw 4 for mac on my desktop and want to sync with 1pw on my iPhone. I can do this fine over wifi, but attachments don't sync, so i'm trying to give Dropbox sync a shot. I've created the 1Password.agilekeychain file per instructions, but can't figure out how to get my iPhone synced. Do I need to download the Dropbox app to the phone? Is there some other setting that access the file via the 'net without adding the dropbox app to the phone? Anyway, if someone could provide step-by step instructions I'd really appreciate it (a link to existing instructions would be fine too; again, though, I have the keychain file in a dropbox folder already. I just don't know what to do from there to get it sync'd with my phone).

Thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fredr1‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your iOS device synced up using Dropbox. Please have a look at our User Guide for the instructions you need.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• fredr1
    fredr1
    Community Member

I don't know why but I either missed those instructions or they just didn't make sense at the time. Anyway, it works beautifully. Thank you!

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.