Chrome extension must be "installed" after every restart of my computer - 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

Every day, after I turn on my computer (or just restarts it) and opens up Chrome, I find that the 1Password extension do not work.

I press the keyboard shortcut (I've selected CTRL + ') so that I can insert my username and password, however nothing happens. The key icon for the extension is in the upper right corner of my Chrome reader window. Pressing it does not bring up the Settings, Search, and Favorites lists etc. Instead, after some time, a new tab is opened as shown in this picture:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/utility/thumbnail/3082/~cf/FileUpload/d1/e7d8fb7defdce494bd7187f0478fed.png

Now I can use 1Password, with my keyboard shortcut, as normal until I restart my computer.

However I have to do this "install" of the extension every day. It would be really nice if did not have to do this.

I hope you can help.

Thank you

Comments

• HI @Hoggorm,

Do you use any programs on your PC that cleans up your browsers when you shut down your computer?

The next time you boot up your PC, please open the main 1Password program first, and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Open Chrome now and see if 1Password works better.

• Hoggorm
    Hoggorm
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply! Problem solved :)

Do you use any programs on your PC that cleans up your browsers when you shut down your computer?

No, not as far as I know. I use the same setup on another computer and it does not have the same problem.

The next time you boot up your PC, please open the main 1Password program first, and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Open Chrome now and see if 1Password works better.

This appears to have solved the problem! After pressing Restart 1Password Helper a message appeared saying it was not correctly installed. After doing so I have not had any issues, even after restarting the computer several times.

Thank you!

• Hi @Hoggorm,

That's great. It sounds like Windows didn't have the Helper set up in the registry to auto-start upon reboot. By manually restarting Helper, it would add the registry key if it is missing.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.