1Password extension/helper not working when using Kaspersky protect site

Options

Every time I go online for shopping or banking, I use my Kaspersky Safe Money and I never had any problem using 1Password until I updated to the new last version. Any suggestions? Why this happened? Any fix? Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Josinei Alves‌,

I'm not familiar with what Kaspersky Safe Money is. Can you try the suggestions here and see if it'll help. The registry trick might help.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike T. I tried and didn't work. KSM is a extra protection it gives to the web browser when we are accessing bank sites or financial websites, such as PayPal. KSM protects the browser and the browser shows a square green line all around the website saying its security. I never had any problem until the 2 updates ago. Now when I access a bank website, it goes green but the extension does not work. When I click on the extension button, nothing happens. I'm using Internet Explorer.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Josinei Alves‌,

What happens if you disable it, does the extension work?

It sounds like it may be blocking the 1Password extension from working but one way to find out is to test what happens when it is disabled.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

It definitely works disabling it. However, I lose that extra protection from Kaspersky. But the point is, until one of the last updates, it worked just fine. now, wont work anymore.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Josinei Alves‌,

Thanks for confirming that.

Are you using 1Password 4.0.1 version? If yes, do you mind testing the 4.0.2 beta and see if it is still not working in IE with KSM?

Here's how:

1. Open the main program, unlock, press the Preferences button to go to the Updates section, and check the box next to Include Beta versions
    2. Press OK and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Versions to update your program.

Restart your computer and see if 1Password works better in IE now.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I m using the latest version. 4.0.2 beta. And the Kaspersky protection stopped working 2 updates back.

This discussion has been closed.