data from Version 2.12.1 (build 7671) to android

hansi0223
hansi0223
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi Proffessionals,

i have an old version of 1Passford, Version 2.12.1 (build 7671).

Now i want to export my 1P data to my android phone.
If i exoprt the data into an 1password interchange file my android 1P app do not recognize this flie.

How can i get my 1P dat to my android phone?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hansi0223‌

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• hansi0223
    hansi0223
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

thanks for your attention.

I use mac osx 10.4.11 with 1Password Version 2.12.1 (build 7671).

i want to export the data from this Mac into my Android 4.4.4 with 1Password newest version.

I do not sync 1password to any other system or app

Thanks for your help!!!.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hansi0223‌

Thanks for getting back to me with those details. Since you're on 2.12.1, we should be able to make this work. Let's try this:

• In 1Password on your Mac, go to Preferences > Keychain tab and make sure the button says "Switch to OS X Keychain"
    • You'll need your data in AgileKeychain format for 1Password 4 for Android to read it
    • Once that is confirmed, find the 1Password.agilekeychain file in Finder, and copy it either to Dropbox or store it or your Android device's removable storage so that 1Password 4 for Android can read it.

Once your 1Password database is all loaded into your Android device, we've got one more step to make sure that you're secured: update your Master Password. Our encryption has gotten a lot better since version 2, so to take advantage of the latest and greatest encryption, you'll want to change your Master Password. This will update the PBKDF2 iterations and get you the best security possible. If you're happy with the Master Password you have, you can change it ... and then change it right back to your existing one. It's not the Master Password that we're concerned with here, it's the change to encryption that it is kicking off.

I hope this makes sense, but please do let me know if you have any questions, or hit any snags in the process! :)

This discussion has been closed.