Unable to bypass proxy settings as outlined in the FAQ to make the extension work with any browser

Options
revrom
revrom
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I've noticed that 1Password stops filling in the credentials at my place of work whenever I restart Safari or do a fresh launch of any browser (Command-\ shortcut). When I press Command-Alt-\ the extension shows "Add 1Password extension to browser" as a top-level item in its menu. The only way to cure it at the moment is to disconnect my employer's network, plug in my iPhone (which is set to tether connection), and then plug in the employer's network cable back into the MBP. Then the 1Password extension starts working again.

My employer does enforce a "proxy everything" policy so I had to setup the proxy settings in my Network Preferences, and I did follow the FAQ on bypassing the proxy settings however it does not solve the problem. Only the cable out-and-back-in method as described above works. If Safari has been already running before I plugged in the network cable, 1Password continues to work as it should.

I run Mavericks 10.9.4, 1Password 4.4.1 (build 441008). Safari is of version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2), Firefox - 31.0, Chrome - 36.0.1985.143.

Any help or hint will be greatly appreciated! (I am really sick of that proxy).

With kind regards,
Roman

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Roman ( @revrom ),

Sorry to hear about your employer's "proxy everything" policy that's interfering with 1Password filling after every web browser relaunch. I can imagine how frustratingly inconvenient it gets to keep redoing your cable out-and-back-in workaround.

We'd like to get more details about your current 1Password configuration and work with you directly through email to find a solution for this problem. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.