Suggestion to change how similar logins are displayed in the browser extension

This evening I had trouble finding the link to the forum. I thought if I just go to agilebits.com, I'd find a link, perhaps under Support. That was a no-go. (I really hope I didn't overlook that thing...that would be really embarrassing). :)

But as I was browsing around, I clicked Product Support thinking, "aha! that's the place I'm looking for!"

Nope (it didn't accept my login for the forum). I now understand that it's a separate place with an entirely different purpose, that's all right. So I went ahead and created a new account. I just point this out to help make the interface a little more user-friendly because when you have Support, Product Support, Customer Center the implication is that one of those things is going to have the forum. (Did I miss it?)

Anyway...

I call your attention to the part above about creating an account for Product Support and how it is displayed in the Chrome browser extension menu.

I have the same username for both the forum and Product Support. This means that when I click on the key icon to show the 1Password menu, both logins are listed at the top. While their location is convenient, I cannot tell them apart because both have the same username. I know I can choose Open in 1Password to find the details, but that detracts from the user experience I think you're trying to achieve.

I surmise this is because the domain, agilebits.com, is included in both login cards, which is understandable, but would it not be prudent to instead show the title of the card (something the user can make unique)?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014

Thanks for the comments about the web site, @phoenixrizing‌! I can see how that could be confusing.

As for presentation of multiple Login items in the browser extensions, item titles are exactly what I see when I'm at a web site for which I have multiple Logins defined:

Of course, if you leave the site's base URL (www.caremark.com, for example) as the name, that's what you'll see listed in the extension menu.

Could that be what's happening in your data?

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, DBrown.

Actually, I'm seeing something different. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Chrome's extension where it shows the same username for both logins to Agilebits-related sites (ones with the same base URL).

I'm also attaching a screenshot of what those two logins look like in the 1Password Windows client. You can see the names of the cards are named differently. If there's a setting I'm not aware of, please advise, but it appears that you and I are getting different results.

I'm using Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m and Windows PC client Version 4.0.1.503.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@Pheonixrizin‌ Check the "Show usernames for matching login items" option on the Logins tab in Preferences. You probably have it turned on while @DBrown likely has it turned off.

Turn it off and the menu will display the title you gave the login rather than the username.

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

Thanks, Richard, that was it!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, @RichardPayne‌!

Sorry I forgot to ask you to check that option, @phoenixrizing‌. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.