iCloud sync on iPhone app not working after starting over

delaBits
delaBits
Community Member

I bought the mobile version of the app first and set it up. Then I realized I mostly needed to set up the app on my computer because that's where all my passwords are and mostly where I log into sensitive sites. BUT I lagged a few days before I did that and of course I forgot my password. I set up a new folder, but now iCloud sync won't work on my computer or phone because it's associated with the old password. What should I do?

Comments

• Hi @delaBits‌,

Sounds like you need to simply start over, right? Well, let's take it a step at a time.

Remove iCloud Data.

This is easiest to do on the Mac.

• Open System Preferences.
    • Click iCloud.
    • Click Manage next to the Storage meter.
    • On the left pane, select onepassword.
    • On the right pane, click Delete All.

Reset the local data on the Mac.

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Open the Finder.
    • Select the Go menu, then Go to Folder.
    • Copy & paste one of the next lines into the prompt, including the tilde symbol.

If you bought from the Mac App Store: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/

If you bought from our web store: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

• Click the Go button.
    • Delete the Data folder.
    • Restart the Mac.

Reset the local data on the iPhone.

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

Now you should be able to start fresh on the Mac by re-launching the app. Set it up with iCloud, then wait about 20 minutes for the initial sync. Then you can launch on iPhone and tap that you have used 1Password before, then Sync with iCloud.

Also, when you set up your Master Password, be sure to leave yourself a hint. :)

• delaBits
    delaBits
    Community Member

It's going well, but there is no "iCloud Sync" option on the Mac version . . . just "Wi-Fi Sync". What should I do now?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You need to disable wifi sync in order to see the other sync choices.

Stephen

• Hi @delaBits‌,

While normally @Stephen_C‌ is spot on the money with advice, I have to disagree with him here, as you can't really "disable" Wi-Fi sync on the Mac version.

While Wi-Fi Sync is under the Window menu, the cloud sync options are in Preferences.

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, then Preferences.
    • Select the Sync tab.
    • Click iCloud.

That should get you rolling.

• delaBits
    delaBits
    Community Member

Thank you chrisdj . . . that worked!! Just a note: it is still important to wait 10 - 20 minutes to try to sync your iPhone after changing the setting. :)

• On behalf of chrisdj, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• On behalf of chrisdj, you're welcome. I'm glad to hear that worked. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.