backing up to Dropbox

I am using 1Password on a MacBook Pro, operating system 10.6.8, and I want to back up my 1Password to my Dropbox so that I have access to my passwords on my MacBook Air when I travel. I don't see the "sync" option on my current version (3.8.21) and when I try to upgrade to version 4 of 1Password I get this message: You can't use this version of the application 1Password 4 with this version of Mac OS X. I leave the country in just a few days and I need these passwords with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am NOT tech savvy so step by step and slowly please!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

On the assumption you don't at the moment wish to update your OS (so that you can run 1P4) I've moved this to the 1P3 forum where you're more likely to get help.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sueann242‌

Thanks for providing such a detailed outline of your situation! Please open 1Password and from the 1Password menu, select Preferences. Under the 'General' tab, you'll see the current location of your keychain. Select the 'Move to Dropbox' option to store your keychain in Dropbox.

There are some more detailed descriptions here: Setting up Dropbox Sync. This should get you all synced up, but we're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.