License

Options
Mrnicoo
Mrnicoo
Community Member

If I have 1 Mac Min and one Mac Airbook and want to use 1Password on both. Must I buy 1 license then?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The licence is per user so a single licence will do both machines (assuming you're intended sole user). Same as with the App Store where you can also purchase 1Password. On there you can download 1Password to any machine linked to your apple account.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

A small clarification: licenses are sold on a per user, per platform basis. So you can use the Mac application on as many Macs as you use personally. But since iOS is a separate platform, 1Password for iOS is a separate purchase from the OS X version. If you want to use it on both iOS and OS X, you will need to purchase it twice.

• Mrnicoo
    Mrnicoo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys... Will buy then.. One more thing. Do not have dropbox so if I have some password on my MAC and buy a iPad license how do I get the file over or I have to rewrite all accounts? I can use iCloud I know but if I not want to do that. How do I get the file over to the iPad?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If your iPad and Mac are on the same wifi network, and both are running 1P4 (for iOS and OS X respectively, of course), you can sync using wifi. The only small catch is that attachments added to 1P4 will not sync.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And wifi syncing is not automatic, like the cloud based solutions are.

• Just to chime in, here's our guide for Wi-Fi sync.

This discussion has been closed.