Using Mac and Parallels

Options
Frank1234
Frank1234
Community Member

I use PW on a Mac and like to start PW on Parallels win 8.
I wanna load the backup from Mac and later syn. with Mac PW.
What I have to do by starting PW on win 8?

cheers

Dirk

Comments

• Hi @Frank1234‌,

Honestly, the easiest way to get started on Windows is to install 1Password 4 for Windows (which is a separate purchase from Mac), and to use Dropbox to sync on Mac first, then have Windows use the sync data in Dropbox inside the VM, meaning Dropbox would be installed on both the Mac and the Windows VM.

If you simply wish to manually transfer data, though, you may consider exporting (File > Export) on the Mac to 1Password Interchange File, also known as 1pif.

You can then transfer this 1pif file to the VM, and import it to 1Password 4 for Windows.

Caution: A 1pif export is unencrypted. You will want to destroy it after import. For this reason, I highly recommend syncing securely using the encrypted agilekeychain sync file via Dropbox.

• Frank1234
    Frank1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi chris,

many thanks. But on Win 8 I startet PW and he ask me,
    I am new to 1Password
    I have used 1PW before
    Restore 1PW Vault from Backup

What I have to do?

• Hi @Frank1234‌,

On the Mac side, first sync to Dropbox. Next, make sure Dropbox is installed, signed in, and fully synced on the Windows VM. Then, close and re-open 1Password 4 for Windows in the VM, and it should detect the 1Password sync data and ask to use it.

• Frank1234
    Frank1234
    Community Member
    Options

Allright, thanks for the help

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Frank1234,

You behalf of @chrisdj, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.