Can one user use a single license on both a Mac and Windows machine?

Options

I have a Mac at work, a Windows PC at home. I installed the Dropbox sync feature on my Windows computer but realize I need a license key. Can the license key from my Mac be used on my Windows box or do I have to purchase another license? If I can reuse, the link from my original email no longer functions. How do I get the license?

Thanks.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

No, they're different licenses: https://agilebits.com/store
    You might be able to get a retroactive bundle license. Hopefully one of the Agilebits guys will drop in to comment.

• HenryK
    HenryK
    Community Member
    Options

That's too bad. The Mac license does say I can use it on as many computers as I like. I guess they mean Mac computers.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, they do.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Sorry for the confusion, @HenryK!

The Licenses—How do they work? page says this:

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license.

...and offers several examples, including this one:

You alone use 1Password on Mac and Windows

You need a single user license for Mac and a single user license for Windows.

Please note that your 1Password for Mac license entitles you to a nice discount on a 1Password for Windows license in our online store.

If you need assistance obtaining the discount, please contact us at support@agilebjtes.com, and one of us will be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.