Request to display Logins in landscape mode

Mel Burstein
Mel Burstein
Community Member

When I list my Logins from within 1Password 4, I get a long vertical list that requires a lot of scrolling to get down to the one I want. The attached screen shot shows my Login list using Dashlane. There is much less scrolling with a multi-column list. My wish is to have 1Password provide an option for this type of format.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mel,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're interested in something like this! :)

• schwaggy
    schwaggy
    Community Member

In 1Password 3 there is a view option called Widescreen. I'd like to see that layout option brought back in version 4.x. Thanks!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@schwaggy‌ I assume you've already noticed the view option available at 1P4 > View > Item List Layout > Top. Perhaps you're saying that doesn't give you quite what you want.

Stephen

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

@Stephen_C the format option that I would like to see is one where each login is shown as an icon and name; but instead of a single column with hundreds of icons (one for each logon) the icons, there would be spread over six columns. The View you suggested to @schwaggy is interesting but not what I had in mind when I started this thread.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the additional clarification of this style of "icon view layout" you have in mind.

Are you able to use searching to help narrow down the list of items you're looking for and reduce scrolling?

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

Hi Sjk.

Good point. I had not tried Search. Thank You.

Mel

• Hi Mel,

As per @sjk's suggestion, search is the killer feature for me. My favorite was to do it all from the keyboard is to use 1Password mini. I use option+command+\, unlock if needed, and then just start typing my search. When the results come up I use the up/down arrows to get to my desired item if it is not the first result, and the return key to use it (if it is a login), or the right-arrow key to display the details if I need them. No scrolling necessary. :)

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

That is super cool. Thanks @chrisdj :)

• You're welcome, Mel!

This discussion has been closed.