Accessing Bank of America

glingct
glingct
Community Member

Has anyone experienced this issue:

When connecting to the Bank of America website using 1Password 4, the username (or online ID) populates the Location field and not the Online ID field.

Is this a BofA website issue or a 1Password issue? Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

See if this post, or the thread in which it appears, helps you.

Stephen

• glingct
    glingct
    Community Member

Was not able to solve the problem using info from this post, but after several conversations with BofA online team, a simple solution was developed - rather than signing in from the generic BofA public page where there are multiple input fields, sign in from https://www.bankofamerica.com/sitemap/hub/signin.go where there is only one input field...worked perfectly.

Not sure of the origin of the error but this is a much simpler solution than trying to figure out issues with browsers, field names, etc.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glingct‌

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out, although I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you. Thanks for sharing the URL that worked for you! I'll keep that in mind if any other Bank of America users run into any snags.

I hope 1Password works smoothly for you from now on, but we're here if you have any further questions. :)

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member

I have 2 questions about accessing a web site via a multi-page login (i.e., BofA).

1st, Is it possible to insert a simple "user click" after the first "Open and fill" line of a multi-page login ? My current BofA login sequesce stops after the "UserID" step, and waits for me to manually click the website button (Yes / No). Then I have to click the 1P login item again to activate the access sequence again.

2nd, how do I edit my existing multi-page 1P login item to add such "user click"... or would it probably be easier to delete the current login and start over ?

(My actual BofA access sequence currently has two such steps requiring "user clicks" to complete the process)

• Hi @Lamplighter,

Is it possible to insert a simple "user click" after the first "Open and fill" line of a multi-page login

We do this by simulating the Press the Enter key action on the site.

This is dependent on how the site is designed, some sites are structured in a way that a simple enter wouldn't work after we fill in the data. For an example, some site would focus the search field by force, so that when you fill in, the auto-submit would actually press enter in the search field.

If you have an older item for your site, what you can do is try saving a new Login manually on each page to see if it'd work. When this happens, 1Password analyze the source code of the site to see how it'd be submitted and record it. That way, the next time you use the Login item, it'll know how to submit properly.

If the newer item works, you can then delete the older item.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.