IOS8 question

meridius
meridius
Community Member

Hi there

will IOS8 let you use 1password for apps and now safari without the copy and paste options

just thought I would ask

thanks

Comments

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

I haven't seen an official announcement from Apple that they will enable the 1Password extension in Safari. Apple can do it if they so choose, but it's up to each application's development team to choose to do the work to integrate 1Password with their application.

Here is an explanation from earlier this month on how extensions work in IOS 8 - blog.agilebits.com/2014/08/04/filling-with-your-approval-on-1passwords-app-extension-and-ios-8-security/

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

I did some google'ing and found this article that says 1Password is integrated with Safarin in iOS 8 - cultofmac.com/285764/1password-touch-id-integration-ios-8-truly-amazing/ and it explains how that works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meridius‌

As @komrad noted, the 1Password app extension will indeed fill in Safari - great question! :) Hope this gets you extra excited for the new operating system coming soon!

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

yes it does get me wanting ios8 and 1password together as this is one of my pet hates with ios and 1password having to use copy and paste as I don't use your browser. and can not wait for app support to as this will help with a lot of iTunes account loggings

thanks for letting me know both

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meridius‌

Happy to help!

We're here if you have any further questions. :)

• iaeen
    iaeen
    Community Member

On the subject of iOS8 extensions, are you guys planning on supporting the soon-to-be-made-availabe TouchID API for unlocking 1Password?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Touch ID to open 1P4 is already enabled on the iOS betas which run under iOS 8.

Stephen

• Hi guys,

@iaeen, 1Password 5 for iOS is available now with TouchID support and it is a free update that you can download if you're using iOS 8.

This discussion has been closed.