Feature request: WiFi Sync to Mac from iOS device

PBAdams
PBAdams
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hi, I work in an environment where cloud storage is not permitted, so I am unable to sync via dropbox or iCloud.

It would be REALLY cool if I could sync my 1Password for Mac from an iOS device, like my iPhone, which has cellular data connection and dropbox syncing.

Any chance we could see that feature in the future?

Her's hoping,
Paul.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Synching is a two-way process so this is already implemented unless I'm misunderstanding your request. In fact when performing WiFi synching you always have to initiate it from the iOS device, all you're doing in 1Password 4 for OS X is enabling WiFi access rather than starting the actual sync.

• PBAdams
    PBAdams
    Community Member

I want to create a vault on my mac from an existing one on my iOS device, then keep them in sync. Is that currently possible?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I've just verified that this is the case. Using an account that hasn't used 1Password before I created a new vault and then enabled WiFi syncing. I then populated the empty vault on OS X with the existing vault on my iOS device resulting in x entries in OS X which matched my iOS device.

Now to find out what happens when I go back to synching with my proper account haha (pretty sure nothing bad).

• PBAdams
    PBAdams
    Community Member

OK! Great to know. I'll tray that out here. Thanks for the help.

• Hi @PBAdams‌,

As @littlebobbytables‌ noted, you can certainly set up Wi-Fi sync between your Mac and iOS device. Even with a fresh vault on the Mac.

This discussion has been closed.