Multiple 1Password files in Dropbox - do I need them?

scubadiver
scubadiver
Community Member

Hi,

I have 3 1Password files in Dropbox and I don't know that I need all three. Can someone help?

I have 1PW for Mac, version 4.4.1 and Mac OS X 10.9.4. I sync 1PW to a couple of Macs, an iPhone 5 and an iPad. In Dropbox, I have these files - 1Password, 1Password.agilekeychain and .ws.agile.1password.settings

I don't know if they are all necessary? or what happens if I delete them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @scubadiver‌,

The 1Password.agilekeychain is nested within the 1Password folder, correct? You need to keep both of those, as that is what your various installations of 1Password are using to sync.

The .ws.agile.1Password.settings file is an older legacy thing, and you can remove that.

• scubadiver
    scubadiver
    Community Member

Thanks. I also found another file - also called 1Password.agilekeychain - that is not nested. It is much larger - 18 MB vs. 1 MB - now what should I do?

Thanks.

• Jasper
    edited September 2014

Hi @scubadiver,

If you take a look under Preferences > Sync, you'll be able to see the path of the 1Password.agilekeychain file you're syncing with. As long as you're confident the other 1Password.agilekeychain file doesn't contain any data you need, feel free to delete it.

However, if you'd like some further help with this, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• scubadiver
    scubadiver
    Community Member

Thanks. I will look into it and get back to you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scubadiver,

Thanks for checking into things - we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.