Multiple Vaults

Options
AltmanSoftware
AltmanSoftware
Community Member

I have some questions about using the multiple vaults feature:
1. Is this supported by the other 1pwd clients (Windows, Android, and iOS)?
2. Can you sync multiple vaults using dropbox? If so, would you do this by selecting a different folder for each vault?
3. Is there a simple way to move items between vaults?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AltmanSoftware‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'd be happy to answer your questions:

1. Is this supported by the other 1pwd clients (Windows, Android, and iOS)?

1Password 4 for Windows handles vaults a little bit differently than Mac. You can switch between vaults using the File > Open 1Password datafile menu, but you will not have the same experience as on Mac, where unlocking your primary vault gives you access to all secondary vaults as well.

1Password 4 for Android does not yet support multiple vaults, but it is a high priority for our developers to implement as soon as possible.

Multiple vaults are fully supported in 1Password 4 for iOS.

1. Can you sync multiple vaults using dropbox? If so, would you do this by selecting a different folder for each vault?

You can indeed sync multiple vaults using Dropbox. Each vault will have its own sync settings, so when viewing the vault, go to Preferences > Sync and select Dropbox. From there you will be able to select the location in Dropbox to store your keychain file to. Each secondary vault will have the name that you have given the vault, so you won't confuse your primary vault (1Password.agilekeychain) with your secondary vaults ("vaultname".agilekeychain), but you're welcome to store them in separate folders if you wish.

1. Is there a simple way to move items between vaults?

There sure is! Select the items you wish to move, then use Item > Share > "vault name" > Move/Copy. Keep in mind that if you use the 'copy' option, the item will not stay in sync between vaults. If you make a change to the item in one vault, you will need to update the item in the other vault manually.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.