Glitch with the extension's unlock screen on landscape iPad [Confirmed, will fix]

BabyGotMac
BabyGotMac
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

In landscape mode, I see the following after bringing up my keyboard (stock kb). It's fine in portrait. Not a showstopper, as it works, but more of an FYI...

Comments

• BabyGotMac
    BabyGotMac
    Community Member

Argh. Safari died uploading the image. https://www.carousel.com/photos/cc/x4vwVGOqC9VVXnZ

• Hi @BabyGotMac,

Thanks! We see the same thing and will fix this.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I was just coming on here to report the same issue. One other issue though. In the main app, after typing in your master password you can hit the go button in the keyboard or the unlock circle button next to the input field yet in the extension only the go button submits. Maybe this could be made a bit more consistent as to how it works?

• Hi guys,

@BabyGotMac, this should be fixed now in the latest beta.

@rctneil, the unlock screen UI glitch should be gone now in beta 21. As for the unlock button, I can tap on it to unlock the app in the extension, just like the main app. Are you seeing this in beta 21?

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@MikeT The glitch is fixed for me and yes both methods of unlock button now work for me. One extra thing. If the vault is locked in the app and you then use the extension and unlock it via that, shouldn't the vault be unlocked if you go directly back to the app afterwards?

• Hi @rcneil,

Do you have Lock on Exit enabled in 1Password's Settings > Security? If yes, then that's normal as you're exiting the extension the moment you close it and thus the auto-lock kicks in. If not, then it might be a bug we need to investigate. I can't reproduce it here on the iPhone when Lock on exit disabled, can you confirm the setting you have and which iOS device again.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@MikeT‌ I double checked the Lock on Exit setting and it was disabled. I also then locked 1password via the app, moved to safari, opened the extension, unlocked via master password, signed into a site using the ext, moved back to 1password and it's still locked. I am using an iPad Mini Retina with ios8 beta 5 and latest 1password beta as of this post.

• Hi @rctneil,

A few questions:

1. Do you use the PIN unlock code? If yes, do you notice if the PIN shows up properly in both the extension and the main program?
    2. Do you have the background refresh enabled for 1Password?
  • rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@MikeT Yes in both cases. and as far as I have seen the PIN shows up fine in both locations. I will keep an eye out though.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @rctneil,

Can you disable the background refresh for 1Password and see if it improves the communication between the extension and the main 1Password app?

This discussion has been closed.