4.6b14 Lost Sync - Vault exists [Fixed after installing iOS 8 GM and reinstalling 1Password]

rolfl
rolfl
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi,
After having upgraded to b14 yesterday day the sync worked fine.

However, this morning some setting values seems to have disappeared and sync is no longer setup.
If I try to setup dropbox sync I get error "Vault exist on iPhone".

This is similar to how sync issue on b12 started ending with sync crash after having reset/erased data.

Comments

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member

Erased data and settings. Sync with Dropbox working ok for now.

• Thanks @rolfl, we're seeing some reports of this one still and will continue to see if we can find what's causing it.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member

This has happened to me twice. The first time a few betas ago and now with beta 19. As above, the vault exists on the phone but sync setting are lost. I just delete, reinstall, and resetup sync settings.

• Hi @fatherfork,

We're still working on this. I myself was bit by this twice as well, so we'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

Happening here as well. Would add that the sequence of screens is completely confusing, and not sure what part of it is due to to a bug vs. confusing design.

1. Assuming Sync was already set up with Dropbox. When I go into Settings > Sync, I see only the option 'Start Syncing' which implies it's not set up at all.
    2. Choose Start Syncing and I'm presented with options to sync, again no indication that Sync is already configured (which it should be)
    3. Choose Sync with Dropbox on assumption that this might show me my current sync settings. Sure enough, my 'sync'd' account is then listed. Click on this account, then choose the vault, then get the message 'This vault already exists on your iPad' with button 'Got it' and no option to configure anything. Clicking 'Got it' just dismisses the message and leaves me at the 'vault selection' screen.

Surely this process could be made more intuitive?? I don't remember it being this convoluted before!

(This is latest beta 4.6.BETA-20.)

• Thanks for the feedback here @twynne‌, we definitely have some improvements to make. I've opened a ticket in our internal bug tracker and we'll see what we can do.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

I second this issue and see that some of my recently changed data isn't synced between devices (iOS Beta 4.6.beta-20/Mac Beta 4.5.Beta-17).

Additionally when trying to access 1PasswordAnywhere I get "A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.".

Update: The 1PasswordAnywhere issue is related to using Chrome. Works with Safari.

• Hi @holgr,

That's not likely related to the issue in this thread but you should try using the 1PasswordAnywhere app via Dropbox.com in Chrome rather than loading the file locally.

Are you still seeing this issue? If yes, can you send your diagnostic report to us at support+forums@agilebits.com with the link to this thread?

Let me know when you do that, so I can look for it.

Thanks!

• jbrayton
    jbrayton
    Community Member

Just adding a "me too". I can pinpoint one login that exists on my Mac and 1Password 4.5 iOS device that is not syncing to my iOS device running a 1Password 4.6 beta. Let me know if I can provide any further information that might be useful.

John

• Hi @jbrayton,

Don't change anything in that item just yet. Can you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, so we can work with you directly to figure out why that item is not being sync'ed. In the email, please also include your diagnostic report from 1Password on your Mac.

Thanks!

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Hi @MikeT,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier. It's been busy. I sent out the diagnostics along with a link to this thread.

I still see no syncing on my iPhone anymore, even though the Sync icon is moving when I launch the app and immediately go to Settings. Going into the Sync menu I see a "Start Syncing" button, even though it shows that I have linked it to my Dropbox account and offers me to "Stop Using Account".

Also: I can confirm that using 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox.com in Chrome works fine. Thanks for the hint! :)

Cheers,
    Holger

Edit: I'm on 4.6.BETA-24

• Hi @holgr,

According to the email, you said it started working as soon as you upgraded to iOS 8 GM and installing 1Password again. Is it safe to say that everything's working now?

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

yep. It's working fine so far!

Thanks!

• Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

This discussion has been closed.