Cannot Restore/Sync Vault

I recently changed my hard drive and now I am trying to re-install 1Password3 but having major problems.

1. When I try to sync with my iPad (1Password3) the sync starts then crashes everytime
  2. Now trying to restore from my Lacie backup but no clear instructions how to. Trying to find Vault file to import but unsuccessful.

Please help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marshwa,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. I'll need a few more details in order to get you sorted out here:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• marshwa
    marshwa
    Community Member

Hi Megan, I am using on my iPad - version 3.7.2 and on my Mac - version 3.8.22 (build 32010). I was trying to Sync via WiFi but the iPad/1Password keeps crashing and suggesting to send a report which I did. I also have a (Time Machine) backup of the old 1Password installation.

Which is the best way to recover my old password info?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marshwa,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information! Wi-Fi sync should work between 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password 3 for Mac. Have a look at our Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide and see if anything there helps.

Time Machine backups are great to have as well. By default, your 1Password data file for the webstore version of 1Password (which would be version 3.8.2.2) should be stored here:

Datafile: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

With your backups here: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/

Please take a look and see if you can locate the 1Password.agilekeychain file. This will be easier to restore to than a backup. :)

• marshwa
    marshwa
    Community Member

Hi Megan, thanks again for your reply. I have checked the locations mentioned but there is no 1Password folder in the Application Support folder.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marshwa,

Well, if you're not able to find any 1Password folders in your Application Support folder, we're going to need to see if we can't figure out this Wi-Fi sync thing. Did you have a read through the troubleshooting guide that I linked to above?

The other solution I can suggest is upgrading to 1Password 4 on your iOS device (if your device can support iOS 6+) and then sync your database to the Mac using Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.