1Password for Apple Watch

eurasian
eurasian
Community Member

After watching the latest videos from Cupertino I wanted to touch base upon the new Apple Watch. Shall we expect 1Password for Apple Watch? Do you not have the impression that we are already putting too much personal information on internet? We had lively discussion about security of the fingerprints few months ago and now we may send our "heart beats" across the web. My impression there will be a lot of biometrics going cloud in the near future, and it remains to be seen how protected it will stay.

I am not talking here about the Apple Pay that deserves another thread.

I may sound overly concerned though. What are your views on the Apple's new direction?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eurasian‌

Thanks for checking in on us! We were all huddled around our AppleTVs and various devices yesterday watching the stream with bated breath, and we're pretty excited about what Apple has to offer this year.

We're still working on polishing off 1Password's updates for iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, so we haven't quite begun to process the potential opportunities with Apple WATCH. Who knows what the future will bring? It sure is an exciting new technology.

Do you not have the impression that we are already putting too much personal information on internet? We had lively discussion about security of the fingerprints few months ago and now we may send our "heart beats" across the web. My impression there will be a lot of biometrics going cloud in the near future, and it remains to be seen how protected it will stay.

That's a hard question to answer. Everyone has a different tolerance of how much they are comfortable with. There is certainly the potential to share a lot of information online, and it is very important to be cautious about what you share where. But those limits will be highly personalized.

Cloud-based biometrics, like any new technology, should be carefully vetted to ensure that they are as secure as possible before we can truly entrust our sensitive information to be stored there.

This discussion has been closed.